Lets Enjoy Some Healthy fruit Snacks This Winter
The winter is announcing its arrival. There is a bright and happy spark in the air and a spring in the step as the weather cools down and the festivities of Christmas, New Year and Lohri take over. The gajak, revaris, moongphalis and pakoras are gaining centre stage, and delicious dishes are being prepared to celebrate the season. Amidst these indulgences, one should not lose sight of the body’s need for essential nutrients. Fruits come to the rescue here, as they are full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibre which keeps us hale and hearty. Healthy fruit snacks is an enjoyable way to celebrate the winters while at the same time getting all the wonderful benefits of eating fruits.
Fruits are incredibly versatile and can be incorporated in many ways to make the dish both tasty and healthy. Let’s try some exciting recipes of healthy fruit snacks and make our winters snacking delightful.
Chocolate Covered Fruit
Fruits are Mother Nature’s candy and what better way to enjoy this treat by integrating it with man-made chocolate. The result is a healthy, silky, smooth and yummylicious treat. It is full of fibre and healthy fat and makes for a great fruit snack. Practically any fruit works, cherries, berries being the front-runners. Very quick to make, this snack is an all-time favourite.
- Cut fruits of your choice in half (banana), quarter or bunch them together (berries), depending on the fruit.
- Melt 1 tsp. of coconut oil with chocolate and microwave for around 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir to check if the chocolate is smooth.
- Line a dish with butter paper. Dip the fruit properly in chocolate and keep laying it on the butter sheet. Dip again till the fruit is well layered.
- Now slide the dish in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes or till the chocolates hardens. Store in an airtight container and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Enjoy this as an after lunch dessert or as munchies through the day and feel the delight.
Juicy apples topped with a delicious and scrumptious crumble makes this healthy fruit snack a big hit in the winters. This warm and comforting dish on a cold winter day makes one feel warm and fuzzy from within.
Peel apples and remove the seeds. Slice them in semi-thick slices and keep aside For the crumble, mix together ½ cup oats, 1/4th cup wheat flour, 1/8th cup sugar, 1 tsp. Cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Microwave ½ cup butter and incorporate coarsely with a fork in the crumble mix. Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sprinkle some crumble at the bottom of a buttered dish. Now line it with the sliced apples. Sprinkle some crumble again and layer with apples. Layer like this twice. Finally, cover with crumble at the top and bake for 20-25 minutes until the apples are soft, the crumble is crispy, and the flavours are wafting in the air
Apples, a nutritional powerhouse together with the fibre and protein-packed crumble, make for a healthy fruit snack.
Fruit Salsa with Crackers
This is another healthy and nutritious snack. Most fruits can be used for making the salsa. Pineapple, strawberry, mango, tomato, kiwi, peach are the favourites.
- Chop the fruit in little pieces.
- Add finely chopped onion, garlic, green chillies (optional), some salt, and a pinch of sugar. Mix well.
- Add some lemon juice and vinegar. Mix and it is ready.
- Eat with healthy crackers.
So, cosy up and enjoy the chill with these festive, fun and healthy fruit snacks this winter.